KTM AG is a manufacturing giant founded in Austria, famous for producing the best quality motorcycles, sports cars, and bicycles. Co-owned by Pierer Mobility & Bajaj Auto, KTM two-wheelers have become immensely popular in India. The KTM Duke 250 is an excellent bike for adventure enthusiasts and racers. With a manual six-speed gearbox, it is one of the best street bikes in the market and is preferred by many youngsters due to its good mileage and fuel efficiency. If you are planning to buy a KTM Duke 250, then it is important to think about the kind of bike insurance policy you would want for it.
There are three types of two-wheeler insurance policies available:
- Third-party bike insurance policy
- Own Damage bike insurance policy
- Comprehensive KTM Duke 250 insurance policy
If you are looking for complete protection for your KTM bike, look for a comprehensive bike insurance policy designed for the KTM Duke 250. In this article, we will talk about why you need KTM Duke 250 insurance.
The Mandatory Insurance Requirement
The Motor Vehicles Act 1988 mandates all two-wheelers to have a third-party liability insurance policy. This helps bike owners manage any third-party liabilities caused due to an accident or collision caused by their bikes. The premium of these policies is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) based on the bike's engine capacity.
You can be fined and even imprisoned if you are found riding your bike without a third-party cover. Hence, this is the minimum coverage you need for your KTM Duke 250.
Why Do I Need A Comprehensive Cover?
While a third-party bike insurance policy covers the mandatory requirement, it does not cover damages to the insured bike. Let’s say that you are riding and get into a collision due to an error in judgment. Due to your fault, a third-party car gets damaged. Your bike suffers some damage too.
If you have a third-party bike insurance policy, the insurer will compensate the third party for all the repair costs. However, you will have to pay to repair your bike. Depending on the damage, this can put a financial burden on you.
However, if you have a comprehensive KTM insurance policy, the insurer offers coverage for third-party liabilities and damages to your bike. Hence, you can manage the situation without derailing your finances.
These policies also offer coverage for damages to your bike due to other factors like:
- Natural calamities like floods, cyclones, earthquakes, etc.
- Man-made disasters like acts of terror, vandalism, riots, etc.
Hence, a comprehensive KTM Duke 250 insurance policy offers complete financial protection for your bike.
How Can I Buy A Comprehensive Ktm Duke 250 Insurance Policy?
Here are the steps to buying a comprehensive KTM Duke 250 insurance policy:
- Visit the website of the insurance provider
- Enter the details of your bike along with the registration date and registration number
- Choose the type of insurance policy you want to buy (comprehensive in this case)
- Select the best Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your two-wheeler
- Choose the add-on covers to customise the policy as per your needs
- Select the voluntary deductible amount based on how much you will be willing to contribute at the time of every claim
- Receive the quote from the insurer on the KTM Duke 250 insurance price
- Once you are comfortable with the price, pay the premium using the online payment methods
- Receive the policy documents at your registered email address
The KTM Duke 250 is one of the best sporting bikes in the country. With the right insurance policy, you can ensure that it gets the best protection it deserves without worrying about repair costs. This can prolong the life of your bike while ensuring that you are financially protected in the event of any accident, disaster, or mishap. Good Luck!